Meghan Trainor Ups Security After Christina Grimmie Murder


 |  | By 


Courtesy of WENN Newsdesk

Meghan Trainor has increased her security following the death of Christina Grimmie.

The former The Voice finalist was shot by 27-year-old gunman Kevin James Loibl while she was signing autographs after her concert in Orlando, Florida, on June 10. The 22-year-old subsequently died from her injuries.


Following the tragic incident, numerous stars including Drake and Selena Gomez have made the decision to cancel some meet and greets.

“All About That Bass” singer Trainor found herself initially too scared to meet her fans after Grimmie’s assassination.

“The two days following (Grimmie’s murder) I was like, ‘I’m not going out to see fans, I’m too afraid now,'” she told Page Six.

As a relative newcomer to the music industry, Trainor hasn’t previously been required to have a bodyguard at all times. But after the murder of Grimmie, she decided to up her security in a bid to protect herself.

“I want to make sure we have good security. I’m not that artist yet, I don’t have security with me all the time, I don’t have ‘my guy.’ I asked my team, ‘Should I be getting a guy? Should I have someone?’ I go out all the time without security, and you just never know. You have no idea who’s out there obsessed with you to the point that they would do something like that,” she said.

However, despite her trepidation about meeting fans, Trainor is determined not to let her fear stop her from meeting those who have supported her during her career.

“I did go out recently and sign (autographs) for some fans… and I do feel better about this,” she said. “I do need to be careful, but I can still do this. I don’t have to be afraid of the world. That’s my biggest fear on top of that, to be afraid to go outside.”


Share This Story On Facebook