Roger Daltrey Confirms Headline Appearance at Rock Festival
The rock band’s involvement in what has already been called “one of the biggest concerts in history” has been rumored for months. On Wednesday, Daltrey gave an interview confirming the group will headline the festival in Indio, California, from October 7 to October 9. He also revealed some of the other groups set to headline the event, which will be held by promoters Goldenvoice Entertainment – also responsible for the Coachella Festival. “I think it’s us and (Pink Floyd’s) Roger Waters on the same day. It’s a fantastic idea for a festival. It’s the greatest remains of our era,” Daltrey told Canada’s Postmedia Network. “I hope a lot of normal fans can get tickets before they get snatched up.” Bob Dylan, the Rolling Stones, and Paul McCartney are also rumored to be playing at the event, which will take place at the same venue as Coachella. Dylan and McCartney are thought to be headlining the first night, the Stones and Neil Young the second, and The Who and Waters closing proceedings on the final night. According to reports, the acts will be getting around $7 million each for their involvement in the as yet unnamed festival. Neil Young’s manager Elliot Roberts opened up about the rumors earlier this year, insisting it’s a once in a lifetime event for the singer to be part of. “It’s so special in so many ways,” he told the Los Angeles Times. “You won’t get a chance to see a bill like this, perhaps ever again. It’s a show I look forward to more than any show in a long time.” More details about the festival, such as when tickets will be on sale, have yet to be revealed.