Scientists Believe We Can Make Mars a New Earth
News| | By Elisabeth Brier
Now this is something straight out of a science fiction movie. Ever wanted to live on Mars without having to always walk around in a space suit? Some researchers believe it may be possible.
The “red planet” is at present, unable to sustain human life due to hostile conditions and is unsuitable for human survival.
However, scientists are claiming there is in fact a way to turn the red planet green, essentially turning it into a new Earth. Futurism and Science Alert created a video explaining their theorem.
The plan is basically a 5 step process:
- Detonate thermonuclear weapons over the planet’s poles consequentially trapping sunlight and heating up the planet.
- Create “bio-engineered creatures” that could make Martian soil more reminiscent to Earth’s and release oxygen into the atmosphere.
- Redirect comets and asteroids to collide with Mars’ surface to create more heat as well as water.
- Build and scatter CO2 machines to create atmosphere.
- Create “giant orbital mirrors” to draw additional sunlight to release water trapped in ice sheets.
Easier said than done? We’ll have to wait and see. Until then, we’ll just have to keep sciencing the s**t out of it.